- My cover features the title of the magazine in large print at the top. To make it eye catching, I have the letters in white and orange fonts with swirling letters. The words are also outlined with their opposing color to once again make the title pop.
- For the cover art, I chose a picture that had some blank space to make room for the writing that I needed to do around the cover. The orange and green in the picture are extremely vibrant which is important to catch a potential reader's eye.
- For my articles, I made sure they were emphasized through pop-ups and text coloring so the reader would know exactly what to expect if they were to read my article. The orange circle pop-up matches the color of the shrimp in the picture which seems to tie together the whole cover.
I followed my template pretty closely with the dark green background and orange lettering. I think this color combination looks really good and makes the article titles stand out. The white lettering of the article titles is the only thing I didn't specify originally but I think it looks much better on the green than black letters did. I chose three pictures that I didn't think would fit well in my article as they were a little more random than some of the other ones I took. The middle picture is a canted angle to show variety in techniques.
For my article, I featured interviews from multiple friends on two restaurants: JPAN and Kazu 2.0. I originally had a different article idea but I was too worried about interrupting employees to interview them while they were at work. Because I knew I had friends who loved both of these restaurants that I already had photos at, I thought this article idea was a perfect fix. I was able to use five pictures from my photo shoot in the article which I think makes it look very professional. The picture of the Kazu chef making sushi was taken from the side as I was allowed to lean over the counter to capture pictures. I chose to make the title green to match the green background of the table of contents. I also used a bold font for the article to look nicer than a regular school font like Times New Romans.
No comments:
Post a Comment