How does your magazine use conventions?
- My magazine was very much inspired by the magazines that I saw while researching. My cover includes a bold title that is unique for branding purposes, article blurbs that give you a sneak peak of the magazines content, and an eye-catching picture that's the main focus of the page. My table of contents was inspired by Food Network Magazine's layout: pictures going down the middle of the page with article names on the side and headings in a different color. As for my article, I noticed many articles in other magazines that were focusing on specific restaurants in different places around the world so I chose to focus on two popular restaurants in Sarasota.
How does the magazine represent social groups?
- My magazine is directed towards locals and foodies. Because Sarasota has an older and more affluent population, the magazine aims to provide that demographic with information that they would enjoy. I include articles discussing fresh seafood, healthy options, and restaurant recommendations. For the foodies, I have ways to make your own sushi, an inside look at how a bento box is assembled, and again, restaurant recommendations. The magazine offers a lot of information that either of these groups would gravitate to which gives my magazine a wide variety of customers.
No comments:
Post a Comment