Thursday, February 27, 2020

Distribution Research- Food Network


According to their media kit, Food Network offers a digital copy of their magazine to multiple platforms: Apple, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Foli, Flister, Magzter, Texture, and Zino. As for their app, Food Network Magazine US has a 4.5 star rating and is number 67 in magazine and newspaper apps. In their app description, they have subscription offers in a variety of ways. They will allow you to start a subscription right in the app or you can have free timed preview of the content right in the app. The app subscription is exclusively on the app and does not offer you access to the content from the website. All charges will be done through ITunes.

I like their concept of having exclusive app subscriptions. I feel that this is a really good idea as you can get revenue from different groups by having separate subscription options. Because they charge straight through ITunes, it is super convenient for the customer. This is a method I would like to use in my distribution plan of my magazine as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment